DJM will ensure that every ecological landscape and restoration project is delivered to the highest quality possible.
To insure this standard we present our basic terms and conditions.
QUALITY INSTALLATION AND STEWARDSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The client shall provide access to site during normal working hours (7 a.m. to 5 p.m.). A plat of survey, or other measurable survey will be provided to DJM upon request.
2. DJM is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing or apparent on visual inspection.
3. Down payment(s) of 25%-50% are appreciated. Specific deposit amounts will be detailed on each contract.
4. Remainder of payment is to be within 30 days of completion of work, unless specified on contract and agreed to in writing.
5. Proposals are good for 30 days from the issue date.
6. All materials on site remain the property of DJM Ecological Services, Inc. until payment is received in full.
7. Plant material, both live and seed, will always be planted true to species and of the highest quality available.
8. Species and size substitutions may be necessary due to availability. All substitutions will be brought to the attention of the owner prior to project commencement for approval.
9. We are not able to accept responsibility for the well being and maintenance of living plant material, including turf, following substantial completion unless a stewardship contract is in effect.
10. After substantial completion, we are not able to accept responsibility for any damage through the elements, including drought (as defined by the national drought monitor, D1- moderate drought, http://drought.unl.edu/), winds, rain and frost to any material(s) including plants.
11. Stewardship is not included in the contract unless specified.
12. Stewardship can include any of the following: brush cutting, hand pulling, high mowing, broadcast or spot spray herbicide applications. DJM reserves the latitude to apply techniques as necessary.
13. Ecological landscape installation, restoration, and stewardship require careful timing of operations to match the dynamic nature of the ecosystem. DJM will make all attempts to complete the operation according to the variables presented by nature. This includes installation of seeding, live plants, erosion control, prescribed fire, herbicide, and others.
14. Delays caused by other companies on site may cause work to be rescheduled and / or re-bid.
15. Any addition and/or alterations to the schedule shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions.
16. Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of the start date of the contract.
17. Adverse weather delays do occur and can delay projects. The following is based on National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) data and constitute minimum number of adverse weather days over the course of a year.
We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you!