We are committed to working cooperatively with engineers, architects, landscape architects, urban planners and other design and development professionals. DJM offers specialized, regional, ecosystem knowledge coupled with 25+ years of field tested experience to quickly identify project goals and provide creative, cost effective, practical solutions that enhance the work product of the teams we serve.
DJM has project experience working with
teams to provide integrated solutions:
- Green infrastructure (rain gardens, bio-swales, green roofs, etc.)
- Wetland mitigation implementation
- Conservation planning
- Forest inventory, analysis, & tree preservation planning
- Site vegetation monitoring & reporting
Each project involving native plants is unique. Therefore, the techniques used to successfully complete a project must be adaptive. DJM has the experience necessary to fully leverage your site’s ecology to produce an attractive, functional, and compliant landscape solution.
With over 25 years of experience, we have the knowledge, skills, network, & equipment to afford access to the most durable plant species, the most effective planting techniques and the very best in ongoing stewardship.
Specific services include:
- Site specific native seed mix development & installation
- Site specific plan review including pre-construction budgeting
- Plug, container, B&B, and bare root plant inventory
- Erosion control & slope stabilization
- Green Roof installation & maintenance
- Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs) – Installation + Stewardship
- Rain garden installation & stewardship
- Natural areas master planning
- Shoreline & streambank restoration
- Sustainable landscape installation & maintenance
- Ecological stewardship / ongoing maintenance
- Prescribed fire planning & execution
- Timber stand improvement
- Invasive species control
Wholesale Native Plant Nursery & Custom Plant Propagation
For many projects, the key to success is tailoring the plant community to the unique site conditions including soil, water, and geology. To improve ecosystem function, our propagation specialists at Pure Air Natives cultivate plant species that are found in a wide variety of regional ecosystems:
Local seed stocks of the desired species (Yellow Tag) are identified & collected under cooperative agreements. These seeds are then utilized for custom plant propagation.